Women play a significant role in this society. They give birth and nurture a new generation of kids. They have a lot of responsibilities that they fulfil on a daily basis, be it making breakfast for their kids, sending them to school, or at times getting ready to reach their work place on time.
Soon after a girl hits puberty, her body starts getting weaker. She loses a lot of nutrients every month. She faces hormonal changes in the name of PMS (Pre Menstrual Syndrome) and stays depressed the whole day. Not forgetting to mention when she gives birth; she has to go through a lot of pain and blood loss. This makes it vital for every female, to take extra care of her body and start taking probiotics today!
What exactly are probiotics?
Probiotics are scientifically prepared capsules that have bacteria in them. However, contrary to popular belief, not all bacteria are harmful to health. Some are there in our body, helping us perform better every day.
These good micro-organisms or cultures usually are present in some of the food we consume; like yoghurt and buttermilk, but taking them as a supplement has many more advantages than just making it through diet. These cultures stay in the gut and help with digestion, weight loss and decrease our chances of getting IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
Some Pronounced affects that Probiotics have:
Most strains present in probiotics are meant to help with gut functions, but their work is not just limited to that one area, there are many other benefits of probiotics that support a woman’s body fight diseases, both physically and mentally.
- Mental Well-Being:
Taking probiotics every day has shown a decrease in stress levels in most women. Some have, after starting on probiotics, encountered fewer mood swings and even lesser episodes of depression.
- Weight Loss:
Those women, who can’t seem to put off weight no matter what they try, have experienced significant improvements after starting on probiotics. Probiotics assist in weight loss when mixed with the usual weight loss regime.
- Better skin:
Women, who face regular breakouts on their face and have acne issues, should start using probiotics so that they have minor incidences of pimples popping up just before an event. Probiotics are known to help get smoother and healthier skin.
As many women fear to take any supplementation during their period of gestation, they’ll be pleased to know that taking probiotics is entirely safe for them and their baby. It can help the baby have better immunity and less gut related issues.
- Helpful in Combating Yeast Infections:
Probiotics have proven useful for women who get frequent yeast infections. The strain in probiotics makes sure that the vagina is in its optimum pH, resulting in far fewer incidences of yeast infections.
Are there any strains of bacteria vital for health?
There are many brands of probiotics that have many different types or strains of micro-organisms in them. The more the pressures present, the better the supplement. However, some twists are present in all probiotics because of their significant effects on women. The lists of those strains are listed below:
- Lactobacillus- A lot of research has been carried out about this strain of bacteria, and has only known to cause well in women. It not just helps in the absorption of calcium and iron in the gut but is also helpful in treating cystitis and diseases of the vagina.
- Bifidobacterium- This strain of bacterium resides in the colon, it releases lactic acid, and this gives energy to the cells of the colon. Constipation is one of the symptoms to aggravate many other diseases of the body is relieved by this strain. It also produces vitamin B and K, resulting in better skin and hair.
- Bacillus- This strain of bacteria has an essential function as it kills all disease-causing pathogens that reside in the cervix or vagina. It also helps to combat yeast infections and improves digestion.
- Streptococcus- This strain of bacteria helps boost immunity. Studies have shown that this bacterium helps build healthy teeth and gums.
Things to consider before choosing a Probiotic
Before you rush to get any probiotics supplement from the market. Make sure to find the following instructions as listed below:
- Check the CFU’s: CFU’s are the Colony Forming Units. It is the culture count present in all probiotics. The more the units, the better the probiotic. So, it is best if you get one which has more than 10 billion CFU’s in them.
- Number of Strains: Strains are the types of cultures present in a probiotic. The least you aim for should be ten strains. Different strains are working in different conditions, hence, select the one you feel is best for your body.
- Enteric-coated capsules: Make sure, before buying a probiotic of your choice that it should have covering on, this is vital because otherwise, it won’t be able to function as well. A probiotic, without an enteric coating, is more likely to get dissolved in the stomach, which eventually compromises its working.
- Expiry date: Make sure to choose a probiotic that lasts the longest so that you can use it when you think you need it to be used.
The Best Probiotic Recommendations
- Garden Of Life Dr Formulated Once Daily Women’s Probiotic
This brand of probiotic is one of the best, as a doctor recommends it. It has 50 billion CFU and 16 strains. It is known to help women boost their immune system and improve digestion. It also aids in weight loss. It is specially designed to be safe for women having lactose intolerance or celiac sprue as it does not contain dairy or gluten.
Pros and Cons of Garden Of Life Dr Formulated Once Daily Women’s Probiotic
Advantages of Garden Of Life Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women’s Probiotic
- This probiotic formulated by Dr. David Perlmutter who is a renowned medical professional in the world
- One of the most popular vegetarian, Non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy and soy-free probiotic formula
- Designed to promote the immune system, digestive health, and femininity as well.
- Shelf stable formula so can be kept for long without any worries
Cons of Garden Of Life Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women’s Probiotic
- Nothing notable is reported or complaint when I read customer reviews, feedbacks and market analysis. This is one is the recommended product out there but with 2 limitations (but I am not sure if it is true)
- It is found in some feed backs that it caused the problems of constipation and acne flair ups in some of the users.
- Culturelle Women’s Healthy Balance Probiotic
This product does not compromise the immunity or digestion of the body. It is the best product to combat most female genital tract infections. It is safer to use during pregnancy. It does not have any known side-effects.
Pros and Cons of Culturelle Women’s Healthy Balance Probiotic
Pros of Culturelle Women’s Healthy Balance Probiotic
- No one probiotic formula and brand which is recommended by most if not all experts and pharmacists
- Ideal for your health and promote immune system, digestive health and femininity as well
- Safe for use for a women who is pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Includes the LGG probiotic ingredients
Cons of Culturelle Women’s Healthy Balance Probiotic
- Nothing notable is reported or complaint when I read customer reviews, feedbacks and market analysis. This is one is the recommended product out there.
- 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
This probiotic contains 51 billion CFUs and is composed of 11 strains. It helps boost the immune function of the body and also improves digestion. It is gluten free and has helped many having intestinal diseases. All the strains in this product are of high quality and a prebiotic fiber as part of its content, help increase the viability of good bacteria in the body.
Pros and Cons of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
Pros Of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
- Can also help in relieving digestive problems
- Easier to add it into your daily routine
- Can also relieve bloating and gas issues
- One of the best formulas that are gluten free
Cons of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
- Nothing suspicious found in the reviews, so far users are happy overall.
- Garden of Life- RAW probiotics for women
This probiotic not only helps in digestion but also contains prebiotics, dairy-digesting enzymes as well as probiotics created vitamins. This product ensures the vaginal health and helps get rid of thyroid issues. However, consuming this product sometimes causes mild abdominal discomfort.
Pros and Cons of Garden Of Life – RAW Probiotics For Women
Pros of Garden Of Life – RAW Probiotics For Women
- Perfect for women over the age of 50 years
- Includes raw probiotic ingredients
- Ideal for your digestive wellbeing
- Went through more than 85 billion cultures
- Includes minerals and vitamins for overall health conditions
Cons of Garden Of Life – RAW Probiotics For Women
- Not meant for women who is younger or in other words who are below 35 years of age. Especially women who are planning or struggling to become pregnant should look into other probiotic supplements.
- Should be refrigerated or kept in cold storage otherwise it may expire before time.
Women play an important role in today’s society, including giving birth and nurturing a new generation. Probiotics are scientifically prepared capsules that have bacteria in them. These good micro-organisms or cultures are normally present in some of the food we consume every day, so if there is a lack of this ingredient in women’s body, it must be taken externally.